Update by user Jun 15, 2015

It has been six months and I have contacted Foot locker many times and no one has gotten back to me as of yet.

Update by user Jan 18, 2015

No I have emailed and contacted footlocker three different times and no one has gotten back to me.

Original review posted by user Dec 14, 2014

Do not like veterans.

I was told by foot locker associates that they have a 20% discounts for military and veterans in the store.When i showed my veteran ID i was told that was not acceptable.

They wanted a VA prescription plan card!! Attached is the example of what the manager wanted!! Who treats veterans like that!!!

So only veterans with a medication plan card are allowed.We veterans have all served our country and this is unacceptable!!

Review about: Foot Locker Manager.

Had an Experience with Foot Locker?

Comments

The same thing happened to me yesterday in Michigan. Apparently, you have to provide proof to a third party that you are rated at least 30% disabled by the VA. Otherwise, you can pay to get a Veterans Advantage card and get the discount which basically defeats the purpose.

Clarksville, Tennessee, United States #916664

A Veterans Advantage card has nothing to do with the VA.Veterans Advantage is a discount organization that teams up with companies to provide discounts to veterans.

They generally also include your VA prescription plan information on it as a courtesy so you have less to carry. I've never been denied a military discount by showing only my retiree card/military ID, so I can totally understand the frustration there.

If that was the case, they were totally out of line...But if you had no other ID on you, and they offered that as an example of something that would work, I'd say it's an entirely different situation...

gardyl98
to Anonymous Orlando, Florida, United States #932698

Myself and my friend are disabled vets and foot looker (the manager) told us to our faces that our service does not count!